Looking online For flights
Flying to Vava’u, Tonga is easy with Fiji Airlines. We highly recommend flying from Nadi, Fiji (NAN) to Vava’u, Tonga (VAV) with them.
All our tours line up with these flights.
Please note that DOMESTIC flights in Tonga can only be booked on https://RealTonga.to , no other booking engines will have domestic flights for Tonga.
Please also note that Real Tonga will 95% of the time change your flight time, the day before your flight.
You need to make sure you have wiggle room when flying with them. This is why we recommend staying one night on the mainland, before flying over to Vava’u, if you choose to fly via TBU. Real Tonga will ask for your International flight details, and accommodate you the best they can. So flying out is no issue.
- The only way to get an international flight in to Vava’u is via Nadi, Fiji on Air Fiji -> Twice a week on WED and SAT (see below)
- All other international flights will take you to Fuaʻamotu International Airport (TBU) (Also known as Tongatapu or Nukuʻalofa)
- The international airport and domestic airport are five minutes by car from one another
- TBU and VAV are different islands. If you fly to TBU, spend the night at a hotel, and then make their way on Real Tonga to Vava’u (VAV)
- A lot of guests will have to book TWO roundtrip tickets
- When booking a domestic flight on Real Tonga, you will fly from Tongatapu to Vava’u via the domestic airport
- Tongatapu or Nukuʻalofa is the “mainland” of Tonga. There are two airports on this Island, Domestic & International, that are a 5 minute car ride apart.
Fiji Air via Nadi, Fiji (OUR RECOMMENDED ROUTE) – All our tours line up with the Fiji Air flights
Vava’u, Tonga Flight Schedule
Arrival: FJ 275 From Nadi to Vava’u, leaving 8:00am, arriving 11:10am: Saturday and Wednesday
Departure: FJ 274 From Vava’u to Nadi, leaving 11:55am, arriving 1:15pm: Saturday and Wednesday
Air New Zealand Via Auckland
New Zealand To Tonga
- Air New Zealand offers flights on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Their return flights to Auckland, New Zealand depart every day except Thursday & Sunday.
Check www.airnewzealand.com.au for exact times and prices.
Where is Vava’u, Tonga?
Your Tour Organizer: Nadia Aly
Our tours are managed by Destination Tonga, a tourism management company, located in Tonga, and owned by Nadia Aly. Nadia is an award winning underwater photographer who leads numerous expeditions around the world throughout the year.