Looking online For flights
Flying to Vava’u, Tonga is easy with Fiji Airlines. We highly recommend flying from Nadi, Fiji (NAN) to Vava’u, Tonga (VAV) with them.
All our tours line up with these flights.
*Please note that DOMESTIC flights in Tonga can not be booked online at this time.* Please email us for help with domestic flights from TBU to VAV. This is with the new local airline Lulutai. We highly recommend you take FIJI Air to VAV from NAN (Fiji).
Fly directly to Fiji via LAX, SFO, YVR and more!
- The only way to get an international flight in to Vava’u is via Nadi, Fiji on Air Fiji -> Twice a week on WED and SAT (see below)
- All other international flights will take you to Fuaʻamotu International Airport (TBU) (Also known as Tongatapu or Nukuʻalofa)
- The international airport and domestic airport are five minutes by car from one another
- TBU and VAV are different islands. If you fly to TBU, spend the night at a hotel, and then make their way on Lulutai to Vava’u (VAV)
- A lot of guests will have to book TWO roundtrip tickets
- When booking a domestic flight on Lulutai, you will fly from Tongatapu to Vava’u via the domestic airport. Currently there is no way to book domestic flights online. They have to be booked through our office.
- Tongatapu or Nukuʻalofa is the “mainland” of Tonga. There are two airports on this Island, Domestic & International, that are a 5 minute car ride apart.
Fiji Air via Nadi, Fiji (OUR RECOMMENDED ROUTE) – All our tours line up with the Fiji Air flights
Vava’u, Tonga Flight Schedule
Arrival: FJ 275 From Nadi to Vava’u, leaving 8:00am, arriving 11:10am: Saturday and Wednesday
Departure: FJ 274 From Vava’u to Nadi, leaving 11:55am, arriving 1:15pm: Saturday and Wednesday
- Air New Zealand offers flights on Mondays, Thursday & Saturday (2022)
- Qantas offers a flight from SYD to TBU on Thursdays (2022)
Check www.airnewzealand.com.au for exact times and prices.
Where is Vava’u, Tonga?
Your Tour Organizer: Nadia Aly
Our tours are managed by Destination Tonga, a tourism management company, located in Tonga, and owned by Nadia Aly. Nadia is an award winning underwater photographer who leads numerous expeditions around the world throughout the year.